Blogpost #1 - 2020 Inquiry Stocktake

Bitmoji Image
Reflection on 2019 CoL

What worked well for me?
  • Having another CoL teacher to work alongside with at school - sharing similar inquiries. It allowed for structured and focused conversations 
  • Using relevant data to make informed decisions about selecting target students to work with, forming hypotheses and discussing these with fellow CoL colleague and team
  • ALL intervention (focussed strategies and sessions, whanau engagement, student voice)

Challenges
  • Consistency & Time - ensuring that ALL group was being seen 4 times a week, consistency in reflecting and refining my inquiry
  • Not dedicating enough time Prof. Readings that supported my inquiry
  • Trying to play catch up at the start of the year (missed the first 1 or 2 CoL meetings as I only applied for this early in the school year 2019)
  • Identifying the what and why there was a mismatch in student assessments (PAT, PROBE, Student output in class) 

Additional Support I'd like
  • Seeking support from across school CoL 
  • Having time during CoL meetings to be able to talanoa about our inquiries with others who have similar inquiries 
  • Bank of Prof. Readings supporting my inquiry for 2020 (as mentioned in An Inquiry Stock take -  A central “bank” that we could all add to so we can see a breadth of reading being done and dip in)


What I aim to learn about Inquiry this year
  • How to be a more effective within schools CoL Teacher
  • How to have a purposeful Inquiry - ensure my achievement challenge is relevant to the school data and need
  • How developing relationships with Woolf Fisher Research Team and Manaiakalani Team could enhance effective teacher practice and my understanding of research.

Comments

  1. Hi Poto,

    It's really great to see another teacher discussing the mismatch in data between PAT/ Probe/ Classwork! I have just been discussing this and researching it as it was something that was also a challenge for my inquiry last year. I would love to catch up with you at some point in my role as across school CoL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

TAPASA

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022