Blog Post #3 - Describe the tools/measures/approaches and profiling of students

Describe the tools/measures/approaches you plan to use to get a more detailed and accurate profile of students’ learning in relation to that challenge. Justify why you chose these approaches and tools.

With the current times that we have and home learning, I plan to take the following actions to get a more detailed and accurate picture of my students' learning in writing
- collect student voice (using google form/padlet/google doc) about writing - I used this form last year to collect student voice >>Literacy Learning Map and will use it again with my learners (the questions). This will help me gain an understanding of my learners through a literacy lens.
- integrate curriculum using the LCS model - talanoa
- easTTle writing from Term 1 (recount). This provides a snap shot of independent, timed writing. When back onsite, unpacking student writing to identify strengths and next steps as I feel the pathway doesn't identify these specifically.
- writing samples. By looking at their writing samples (from throughout the year) this gives me another snapshot of what they are able to do
- unpack Learning Progressions Framework for Writing and look at gaps in my learners. This will help me plan and provide learning activities specifically to their needs in writing. It also will help me identify the next steps or extension for my learners.
- unpack my own planning to identify what it is I'm currently doing to support the learning in Writing, identify next steps for my planning and how I can support the learning of my students now (current situtation of home learning) and prepare for when we are back onsite at school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

TAPASA

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022