PLD - Tony Burkin. Professional Growth & Communication Styles

PLD 02.02.2021 

If I was to summarise the key things I took away from this Professional Development what would they be and why?

The question - Am I a learner or am I a knower? is what I still remember from this PLD. With the 'green' section outlining the behaviours of a learner - I sit here thinking about how many of the 'red' I am. The goal is to operate from within the green (radical candor). I know that there is a time and place for behaviours in the red - but as a professional, I will aim to operate within green.

How has this professional development challenged my thinking?

Thinking about myself and experiences in the past where I have been operating in the red. With a new role and working within our Manaiakalani cluster this gives me a chance to operate freshly within the green.

What aspects of my practice would I consider changing as a result of this professional development and why?

With new role, responsibilities and a mindset of 'be prepared to be disliked' and deliberately thinking about what it means to be a radical candor.

Consistency > Professionalism > Professional Growht & Responsibility.

Comments

  1. Talofa Mrs Faalili, this is an enlightening blog post. Looking at the Green Zone, there are so many take aways for being an effective leader. I have reflected on how much I am in the green zone and also the red zones and it is an eye opener and definitely calls for more reflection and action. I really admire how much you are working on progressing professionally to support not only yourself but supporting your colleagues as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TAPASA

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022