Review into my intervention

A review of my intervention.

I've had to remind my self that my intervention is the work I'm currently doing with my Target Group/ALL Group.





This intervention (ALL),  when reflecting and preparing for the week ahead looks like this:

1. Looking at the needs of my learners
 - Analysing student output, discussion, ideas and participation from the week.
 - Evaluating what needs to be taught (stick with same Learning Intention or change). Student voice collected at certain points within the term to encourage student driven learning.
 - Once the teaching goals for the week has been decided, I unpack how my students are going to be able to achieve their learning goal specific to a reading strategy (comprehension). Because my intervention (ALL group) is a group of Y5 & 6 boys who are working just below their expected level, I am always trying to think of creative, hands on ways to introduce new concepts and keep them engaged.
 - Plan and use the ALL strategies deliberately to help achieve the specific learning goal. The strategies 1. Double dosing. 2. Front loading. 3. GRR - Gradual Release of Responsibility 4. Visible learning (making their learning visible for them and ubiquitous)
- Timetable to see them 3 - 4 times a week.
- Reflect and repeat process.

At the moment, I feel like I put a lot of effort into the planning of my intervention but it is being poorly executed for a range of reasons, some out of my control. Here's what I propose to do in the coming weeks of this term:

1. Set them up with independent activities to complete that relate to specific learning goal for when I'm not in class.
2. If on-site but not in class, check in with them 10-15 minutes. Check in on learning and progress towards their reading learning goal for the week.
3. Re-establish learning buddies within the group, the expectations and reason why we are having learning buddies.

How will I collect information about the implementation of my intervention?
- Continue to collect student voice and listen to what they have to say. Use different ways to collect information (google forms, padlet, post its, surveys)
- Monitor and collect student output, with an expectation to share their learning on their blog
- Review my planning for that specific group (reflect, evaluate and make notes on what's working, what's not, who's participating, who's struggling)
- Minutes of meetings with Gayle, including reflections on professional readings
- Specific feedback given to students
- Assessments (PROBE, ARBS, easTTle)
- Professional reflections on interlead







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

TAPASA

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022