Where am I at with this student challenge?

So it's been about a month since working with the Hiss Hass Hoos boys and they are HARD WORK. In a good way. In a way that brings a bit of fresh air. Together, we have laughed. Cried. Felt frustrated. Disappointed. Smiled. But through it, we've worked hard. 

After feeling a bit stuck and feeling like I 'lost' my direction, focus and my purpose for this group, I decided to read what other CoL teachers have been doing and some of their findings relating to their inquiry. Reading Robyn's TAI 2021 - Where I'm at made me feel like I wasn't alone. That I wasn't the only one feeling a bit stuck. So, just like Robyn, I began reading the posts that captured by journey so far this year and started looking back over my previous inquiries, I realised that I hadn't actually stated my inquiry question and therefore couldn't visualise and draft up a causal chain. 

Step One: What is my question? What a good question. After feel frustrated at being stuck, I discovered that one of my road blocks is that I was using my Across School CoL focus (as mentioned in What's my challenge? - Blog Post) as my inquiry question - when for this purpose, didn't quite fit as this role was around supporting teachers. All I had to do was slightly alter this to make it work for me and my target group, The Hiss Hass Hoos boys. After talanoa with some colleagues and some deep thinking about the purpose of my inquiry, my question is ... how will being culturally responsive in my teaching and an integrated approach to student learning accelerate achivement? 

Now onto the causal chain. I'll be right back ... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TAPASA

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022