WHO & WHY

After analysing my data this year, (PROBE, PAT and student observations) I've selected and formed my ALL target group - Reading Focus. It's been a real journey getting to know my learners.

I used the Learner Profile that we had received during our ALL PD to help gather information about my students. Because I know some of these learners are anxious 1:1, I conducted pair interviews and we sat down as a 3 to share and build their profiles.



What have I noticed;
- all my learners are boys
- mainly year 6s (one year 5)
- there is a mismatch between assessments (PAT & PROBE)
- all my learners are working just below the expected level
- they like to read non-fiction texts
- there's a 50/50 split between prefer reading books/hard copy vs online/digital
- 2 of them feel anxious when it comes to group teaching because it's too close to the teacher
- vocabulary and not understanding what words mean make it difficult for them to understand what they are reading
- they all say that reading is easy when it's something they're interested in and when it's quiet

What I am ready to do:
- set my routine for ALL (3-4 sessions/direct teaching/ALL strategies)
- establish group norms
- meet with whanau (scheduled for Week 3)
- use Literacy Learning Progressions to plan for them
- look for resources that will engage and motivate my learners

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

TAPASA

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022