Blogpost #9 - How will I collect information?

Describe how I will collect information about the implementation of my changed practice/intervention
How will I collect information?

Student voice, through google forms or interlead. See T3 Student Voice Post as an example. This will help me get an idea of where my students at and how they feel about writing. Do they see themselves as a writer? This will also give me ideas on the topics of writing, future lessons e.g. teaching them editing skills, word building, and also what I need to stop or cut back on doing.

- Student writing and analysis of this. The use of LPF Writing and our school matrices to help make a judgement of what they can do independently. We are currently exploring the Writing LPF as a staff and refining our teaching practice along the way. We are focusing on one signpost at a time so this will allow for in depth reflection and refining of teaching practice.

Student blogs - and the quality of their writing in the post. This form of independent writing will provide another snapshot of student ability to write independently. While there is work around what a quality blog posts includes, there is also a lot of information that can be collected from a single blog post. Being on lockdown (round 2) and encouragement of Blog logging, my learners are blogging more now than ever. Feedback on their work through blog posts is encouraging learners to take ownership of their learning by refining and editing their own work based on the feedback given by those that comment.

Seek feedback on planning and resources created for student learning. By seeking feedback, I can refine the work and resources created for my learners. For example, while I believe the Samoan Language Week and Learning through food - SLW Resource that was created is a great resource, it is also lacking some of the 'teacher links' that would make this resource much more effective. Links could include, but are not limited to;
• Achievement objectives from our New Zealand Curriculum, unpacking and specific to levels for our learners.

• Direct links to our school matrices (for Maths, Reading and Writing) - unpacking further what students are achieving when they are producing specific pieces of writing (e.g. procedural pieces, recount pieces) and looking at the different features of writing, reading and mathematical strategies that students are learning, consolidating and practising throughout the week. Then using these as pieces of evidence when thinking about further planning, identifying areas of strength and next learning steps for my learners.

• Creating resources ahead of time and sharing these within our cluster, seeking further feedback from outside my current learning environment.

Ideally, the resources created for my learners, if effective, should be able to applied in other school settings.

- Be observed from colleagues in my teaching of writing. This includes looking at my planning, teaching delivery, questioning during my lessons and then the writing tasks planned for them. This can also include recording my own teaching and then analysing it with our school leaders. The practice analysis discussion is important as this will help me identify, with the support of our school leader/Across School CoL, my next learning steps in my teaching of Writing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

TAPASA

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022