Data collection - what? how? why?

To inform my inquiry, I will be using the follow tools, measures, and approaches:

Bitmoji ImageTools - 
• A google form to collect student voice on learning and key ideas for Term 1 and looking forward, for Term 2. Student voice is essential in gaining an insight to how they are feeling about what they are learning. Student agency is important and is a big driver in 'what' is being taught/explored so it allows an opportunity for me to provide a space for my learners to be engaged in their learning and see relevance in it, therefore making connections. 

 
• Collect student voice and self assessment through interlead (teacher practice and a structured set of questions). This self asssessment is important because my goal is to ensure that how I am teaching, my practice, is effective for my learners. My expectation is that my teaching practice will change and adapt to the needs of my learners - my students don't adapt to my needs. The importance of student voice, as highlighted in the article Student Voice in professional inquirystudents have ...

        • more ownership of their learning – they become more engaged and involved
        • a stronger relationship with their teacher and peers
        • growing agency and self belief
        •understanding themselves as learners and applying what they have learned to succeed.

Measures - 
Sample writing and pieces of work produced by students from Class A. The pieces from this group are my target group. This will provide me with concrete baseline data of what my students are currently capable of. Post intervention data will be collected which will provide evidence that can be compared. The sample pieces of writing will be marked using e-asttle writing matrix.

Approaches - 
Target group of students without focusing on a specific curriculum area, rather an integrated approach using student profiles to help inform and plan for authentic learning experiences.
• Use the bus stop activity with post it notes from colleagues to help collect a voice on my teacher practice
• Promoting a culturally responsive practice that raises student learning, engagement and empowers them to be connected life long learners. 

With this information and data collected, I plan to use this to get a more detailed and accurate profile of student's learning.

Student Profile - What is it & Why it's important? A student profile is information on a student. This includes EVERYTHING that I need to know that will help inform my planning, teaching and approach when working with a student. This includes, but not limited to; relevant data, 
languages, interests, values, home life and other committments e.g. church, sports clubs,  Within this student profile, I aim to collect information from across the curriculum and use this together with knowledge of their frames of reference as a driving tool in my teaching, planning and approach when working with this target group. I am passionate about our GTS whanau and what we are currently focusing on school wide - IDENTITY. This rich learning is providing opportunities and when our tamaiti leave our nest, I want them to leave confident in their identity, in who they are. I want them leaving proud of their journey here at GTS and excited to embark on their next learning journey. 

The tools, measures and approaches measured will help inform my planning and my approach when working with this group. Student voice is essential in this. This will inform the what and how I do things, my teacher practice will support the what and inform the why, when, how we will learn together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

TAPASA

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022