Supporting my colleagues

 As we are nearing the end of a chaotic term 1, we start to think about and plan for term 2. After having put myself and support out there into the wider Kahui Ako, our Year 7&8 team leader reached out asking for support in planning for term 2. In order to support them better, I asked them to send through specific questions and wonderings about term 2 planning and collect some student voice about what they want to learn about - student agency. 

It started first with unpacking some of the questions they had about our school-wide key concept and understandings. Digital Identity - what does this mean? What's the difference between digital identities and cyber smart? How can we teach our key understandings - In my shoes, best foot forward, walking together, mark your legacy. What topics do we teach this through? 


Once collecting all this, I was able to frame my thinking so that I could 

It started with clarifying digital identities and the difference between that and cybersmart. Time was spent debating our understandings and misconceptions. Once we had a common understanding we started to unpack student voice. Rather than me doing all the organisation, I printed these off and allowed the time in the syndicate meeting to categorise. This simple yet practical activity put the ownership on the team. 


From this activity the potential topics for next term are below 


My next support comes in the form of another syndicate planning meeting - unpacking the topics and how/what we can teach in these different topics. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

TAPASA

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022