Home Learning and I'm addicted to Screencasts


Self reflection

- Template: Shout to the Stars Celebratory Framework - Visible to journal

Description

I want to celebrate the power of my screencasts and the impact it has on my learners

Significance

I am using screencasts more now than ever - and each week the purpose of screencasts has improved. Initially, it was more instruction based, which some still are, making a move towards using it to model learning.

The goal this week was to use it to help teach and scaffold my learners in a piece of writing.

Learning

  • What is it that I have learnt by achieving this?
    That my instructions and what I choose to say must give the message clear to my learners

  • What is it I am learning about myself, my teaching practice, and my students, and my colleagues?
    That my questions and the way I explain the learning through screen cast need to be done in a way that ALL my learners are able to understand.
    In this home learning situation that we're in, that my learners can still maintain AND learn new things.
    I'm also learning that I am ADDICTED to screencasts - and that is absolutely GOLD!
  • What have I learnt about myself, my teaching practice, and my students, and my colleagues?
    I am learning that more of my students are requesting and asking for screencasts for specific things (e.g. Google drawing) to specific learning tasks. These are quick and manageable given the current situation we're in.
    I'm building a bank of screencasts that allow my learners to access these later down the track
  • How could this learning assist others?
    Rewindable learning!

  • How will I celebrate this achievement?
    By making more screencasts for my students!


    This week, I have attempted to do a digital Modelling writing. Hoping to collect some student voice at the end of the week to see if and how it helped them with their learning this week - Term 2 Week 2 Home Learning - Writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

TAPASA

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022