Samoan Language Week - Planning and Integration

My teaching inquiry: What changes can I make in my practice to make sure that my learners DEEPEN THEIR UNDERSTANDINGS OF KEY CONCEPTS AND IDEAS while being CHALLENGED TO LEARN, CREATE AND SHARE CONFIDENTLY AND CONSISTENTLY

We're in 2nd week back, post lock down and it feels....different. Class numbers are still a bit low (at least 8-10 learners still not here) and we're trying new things. Planning this week for Samoan Language Week - using the resource created (working doc) integrating Math, Literacy, Art & Sport.

It's Tuesday and thinking about the Resource, the one thing that is missing is the explicit connections between the LEARNING & ACTIVITIES. 

I've got the understanding and thinking in my head and what it is , but it doesn't make it an effective resource. 

So, thinking forward into the next few weeks left of the term, Room 9 will be learning about MATARIKI (teacher driven) and Animals (student voice) while doing lots of art (student voice). Still unpacking what that will look like but the plan of attack ...

- INTEGRATE!! Just like Samoan Language Week 
- EXPLICIT CONNECTIONS to the school matrices. 



GTS Digital Resource - Samoan Language Week


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TAPASA

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022