Across School CoL Role 2021

Talofa Lava, my name is Poto Faalili. 
This year, I am in a very fortunate position where I experience teaching across all year levels. 

Over the past couple of years, my CoL inquiry has focused on raising student achievement in Reading and Writing. 

I have a passion for our Pasifika/Maori education and using the supporting documents that we have to ensure that teaching and learning encourages a culturally responsive practice all while having the learner at the center of it all. 

I regularly integrate the curriculum; Reading, Writing, Maths, and I aim to provide our students with multiple opportunities to access this learning through other areas of the Curriculum. Part of this is also being able to create authentic learning opportunities for our tamariki, and pull apart what the teaching and learning of these experiences look like in the classroom setting. Check out my blog post Planning & Integrating - Creating Authentic Learning Experiences for an example of this. As educators, we must break barriers and provide our students with all that we can to ensure that they are still learning (including when we're in the new norm of home learning - Baking - virtually).

Please feel free to visit my learning site or reach out. 

Fa'afetai Lava

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022

TAPASA

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?