Planning and conducting detailed inquiry

1. Plan and conduct detailed inquiry into specific aspects of your current teaching that are relevant to the hypothesis you identified in the literature. Inquiring into your teaching should give you:
a) formative information about your current strengths and ares for development.
b) baseline information that you can use at the end of the year to provide evidence of shifts in teaching. 

Based on the research, professional readings and reflection into my own teacher practice, I have identified the following as my detailed inquiry that I aim to undertake with my target group; Hiss Hass Hoos Boys. 

- See the boys every day, 1:30pm in their office aka my office space.
- 4 sessions will be used on planning and learning for their integrated project 'The Taste of the Pacific'
- 1 session will be used to support them with other work they have in class that they need support in. It's important that this session is flexible enough to fit their needs and still maximising the time that we have together.
-Spend time on that 4th session planning ahead for next week together with the boys, identifying our 'to do list'. From this, I will pull out the learning experiences and support them in this. For this to be successful, I will continue to read on culturally responsive practice and explore ways that will support the boys in being focussed.

I have strengths in being culturally responsive and will go back to previous PLD that we had about 'Boys Education' and see if I can pick out anything from there that will support me with this group of boys. I also have strengths in integrated planning and identifying, for my group of learners where their gaps are, what their next steps are and how we will get there. What I know I will need support in is having multiple (not just 2 or 3) different ways to approach teaching and learning for these boys 

In the data above, I have chosen to use the traffic light system to identify where they are currently working in relation to the expectation for their year.
Green - Working at or above
Orange - Working just below the expectation for their year level
Red - Working well below the expectation for their year level. 

If you refer back to my post Preliminary Findings - Introducing the Hiss Hass Hoos Boys I highlight the reasons why I selected them and some of my next steps towards supporting these learners to make accelerated shifts in their learning. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TAPASA

What's the challenge? What's my challenge?

Welcome to ... Keeping up with Mrs Faalili 2022